At Groupe Germain
Hotels,our team makes
Ranked as one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies, we are a family-run business from Quebec City that owns and operates no-frills-chic Alt Hotels and Le Germain Hotels across the country. We have built our reputation on the impeccable warmth, hospitality and style with which our team welcomes our guests.
Interested in joining our adventure?
Each member of our team is chosen for their natural ability to take care of our guests, their energy and their enthusiasm. As a company in the midst of a national expansion, we pride ourselves on offering real opportunity for growth in all aspects of our business.Send your resume to our applicant database
If the positions offered do not match your skills but your profile meets our requirements, feel free to send us your resume. This way you'll be entered into our applicant database and may be called to join our team in the future.
Le Germain Hotels
Hotels under construction
Accounts department, Quebec City
Here is a list of the positions likely to come available at our hotels:
- Food service (cook, dishwasher, server)
- General support (parking valet, door attendant, room attendant, bellhop, or night attendant)
- Hospitality (front desk agent, night auditor, reservation agent)
- Housekeeping (assistant housekeeper, housekeeping supervisor, housekeeper, casual worker)
- Laundry (laundry attendant)
- Accounting (bookkeeper, accounts payable clerk, controller, assistant controller, accounts receivable clerk)
- Administration (director of hospitality, chief housekeeper, breakfast manager, sales coordinator, sales manager, customer service director, etc.)
- Maintenance (maintenance manager, maintenance attendant)
« Our employees are at the heart of our business.
We want them to grow
and build a career with us. »
Alt Hotel Quebec
Must be available to work days and weekends.
Immediate supervisor: Maintenance Manager
Under the supervision of the maintenance manager, the maintenance technician will ensure the proper functioning of Complexe Germain des Pres’ equipment and machinery. The candidate must have an excellent sense of customer service, good manual dexterity, attention to detail, be autonomous, versatile, resourceful and able to effectively manage priorities.
Description of main responsibilities:
The Maintenance technician will be required to see to the repair and maintenance of all equipment and facilities in the complex. The technician will ensure the upkeep of clinics, boutiques, restaurants, hotel rooms and the laundromat. He will ensure the safety of customers and tenants, and must maintain a high standard of quality within the ALT Hotel. The technician must be able to handle stressful situations and be able to communicate well with the different hotel departments and the tenants of the complex.
Hours are based on a variable work schedule established on a monthly basis according to the hotel's occupancy and the availability of other colleagues. The schedule is 40 daytime hours per week, weekdays and weekends, with one weekend in three on call. The technician will mostly work alone on weekends and must have a car. He will be required to travel as needed to Hotel Le Germain Dominion.
- Experience in building maintenance an asset
- Experience working in a hotel an asset
- Good physical fitness
- Reliable and responsible
- Must possess a background in electrical work, plumbing, carpentry. Mechanical engineering would be an asset
- Basic knowledge of computer systems (Outlook, Excel, Opéra, Etc.)
Languages required: French and English
Salary: Hourly rate, depending on qualifications and experience
Le Germain Hotel Québec
Must be available to work days and weekends.
Le Germain Hotel Montréal
Director of Sales
Under the supervision of the National Director of Sales and Business Development, the Director of Sales is responsible for all activities relating to the sales department including the development of new business including group and new corporate agreements both within the hotel within the company. The Director of Sales is ultimately responsible for implementing sales strategies and tactics which are aligned with business objectives.
- 3 to 5 years of sales experience in the hotel industry
- Possess contacts and database of Montreal or relevant business accounts
- Good working knowledge of budgeting concepts
- Well developed sales and public relations skills
- Written and spoken both French and english
- Functional in Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of OPERA system an asset
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self motivated, innovative and creative
Please send cover letter and Resume to Lyne Poulin, National Director of Sales before April 20th, 2012 via email firstname.lastname@example.org.